The Anatomic Pathology Service provides diagnostic services in the areas of necropsy and surgical pathology of domestic and exotic animals. Additional specialty services are offered by dermatopathology.
Anatomical Pathology Staff
- Dr. John Roberts, Service Chief
- Dr. Hannah Bender
- Dr. Serena Craft
- Dr. William Craft
- Dr. Lisa Farina
- Dr. Pamela Ginn
- Dr. Ian Hawkins
- Dr. Robert Ossiboff
- Dr. Bikash Sahay
- Dr. Adam Stern
- Melissa Brown, Surgical Pathology and Histology Lab Manager, (352) 294-4530
- Patrick Knisley, Necropsy and Disposal Manager, (352) 294-4528
Handling and shipping advice for biopsy samples
- Click here to access the required sample type and shipping method for each test.
- Tissue samples should be completely submerged in 10% formalin.
- Tissues should be placed in a sufficiently large container so that the sample is not cramped or folded.
- Large pieces of tissue may be sectioned to ensure adequate formalin-fixing.
- Very small pieces of tissue should be placed in a plastic tissue cassette or wrapped in a small piece of gauze.
- An ice packs are not required.
- Include a completed submission form with billing information, patient information, sample source(s), pertinent history and/or provisional diagnosis, and desired test(s).
—Use the surgical pathology submission form for most biopsies.
—Use the aquatic pathology submission form for aquatic, amphibian & reptile histology & necropsy cases.
—Use the dermatopathology submission form for dermatopathology biopsies.