Ship Samples Using Current Submission Forms (found on Submission Forms page) To:
UF Veterinary Diagnostic Labs
2015 SW 16TH AV, RM VS-50
GAINESVILLE, FL 32608-1166
We offer a $21.25 FedEx Priority Overnight option for most samples through FedEx.
- Please do NOT use the FedEx first overnight option.
- Results for samples shipped using first overnight are not reported any faster, and you will be billed for any additional charges associated with selecting this shipping option.
Please call or email our central labs administration office at 352-294-4726 / email@example.com to find out more about this service or to discuss rates for very large packages.
For any samples requiring immediate processing please contact our Central Lab Administration office for information regarding available options.
General labeling and packaging advice for all samples:
- Label the sample and include the animal name/ID number, owner’s last name, and sample type/source.
- For fluid-containing samples, use a leak-proof container and place it inside of a ziploc bag with absorbent material such as paper towels.
- Include completed submission form(s) inside of a separate ziploc bag to prevent damage from fluid-containing sample leaks.
- Send samples in a cardboard box to prevent them from being crushed during transit.
- If the sample requires an ice pak, use a styrofoam cooler box inside of a cardboard box.
- To prevent breakage, pad samples with newspaper, bubble wrap, or other similar material.