Ship samples with request forms to
UF Veterinary Diagnostic Labs
2015 SW 16TH AV, RM VS-50
GAINESVILLE, FL 32608-1166
We offer a $20.60 FedEx Priority Overnight option for most samples through FedEx.
- Please do NOT use the FedEx first overnight option.
- Results for samples shipped using first overnight are not reported any faster, and you will be billed for any additional charges associated with selecting this shipping option.
Please call our central labs receiving office at 352-294-4726 to find out more about this service or to discuss rates for very large packages.
For any samples requiring immediate processing please contact our Central Lab Receiving office for information regarding available options.
General labeling and packaging advice for all samples
- Label the sample and include the animal name/ID number, owner’s last name, and sample type/source
- For fluid-containing samples, use a leak-proof container and place it inside of a ziploc bag with paper towels
- Include completed submission form(s) inside of a separate ziploc bag (in case of fluid-containing sample leaks)
- Send samples in a cardboard box to prevent them from being crushed during transit
- If the sample requires an ice pak, use a styrofoam cooler box inside of a cardboard box
- To prevent breakage, pad samples with newspaper, bubble wrap, or other similar material